Sunday, August 8, 2010

Re: Pre- and Post- Choral IBMers: A recent ethnographic observation

I supplied a copy of the IBM Songbook to the press during an announcement cycle.

Ever Onward was just the best known, there were loads more.

I got to dig around the Armonk Library where they had copies of all sorts of historic IBM photos and collateral.

So I used them in announcement activities, mostly photos but the Songbook came in handy.

I don't believe I ever sang it in a group setting, nor do I remember my father singing it...although he had a great singing voice and repertoire.

It is the type of song best left to Barber Shop Quartets.

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Bryan Standley <BS@innerserv.com> wrote:
"Ever Onward" was posted in the historical wing at a bldg at IBM Boulder. Never heard it performed (unfortunately?).


No comments: