Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My christian (small case "c") love responds...

Dear Lover you responded:
"Well you sure have the arrogance to go with it.  You are not religious, and hate Jesus, but quote him.  That sure is great.  Can't you think at all.  I guess not, to be a VHEMTer. "
So, I wrote:
I have arrogance and you told me to shut up?
Can you think at all, or do you believe everything that you are served up?
Ho boy.
 
To which you responded:
 
No, I believe that which comes from the Word of God.  You are arrogant because you say, in effect all religions are equal, and that VHEMT is not a religion.  It has a set of beliefs just like all religions do, and it has a goal to evangelize people in those beliefs all around the world.  How could that not be religion?  I only asked you to stop spouting your "beliefs" because you are directing people towards the theosodic way.
 
0.  I quoted the word of god, and follow His proscription to have no gods before having him. I recommend it.  You admit, WITH PRIDE, that you do believe what you are served.  Very good example of critical thinking, but, oh, I forgot, I was the one that isn't thinking....(Transference Anyone?)
 
Jesus never existed.  I suppose I could hate Jesus, and probably the Easter Bunny, Santa and other figments... but I don't have the energy or desire to HATE anyone.  You might learn something from that...
 
1.  All religions are equal.  Equally bad at explaining the truth about the reality we see around us...HENCE prevelent mental disease, armies and nations motivated by false assumptions, etc. etc. etc.  FAITH IS DANGEROUS ON IT'S FACE!  That's why I'm a BRIGHT, to protect ALL of our rights to freedom of thought and to ensure a continued and every stronger separation of religion and government.
 
2.  VHEMT is not a religion nor a "set of beliefs" as you say!  No diety, no holy book, no places of worship, no hierarchy of bureaucracy, no philosophy of life, no attempt to define morality and ethics, no commands of how to live day to day, no money changing hands, no "spiritual" guidance, no attempt to explain ANYTHING about the world around us...sorry, fails EVERY criteria for being a religion...
 
VHEMT is simply an individual choice, and I hope you choose correctly.
 
3.  Yes, one goal is to share our INDIVIDUAL DECISION (BASED ON INDIVIDUAL REASONS, NOT DICTATED BY OUR GROUP), but mostly we preach to the choir.
 
4.  You asked me to stop spouting my beliefs, I find that quite fascinating.  I never suggested you do the same.  Once again, Mighty "christian" of you ma'am.
 
5.  You have also told me I'll be going to hell.  If I pass GO, do I collect the $200?
 
6.  Most Importantly:  What exactly is your objection to VHEMT?  Why do you troll our group if you are so bothered by this decision we've made?

No comments: