Sunday, May 20, 2007

Orientation, Space and Time

I'm almost 52 and a half years old as I write this. I'm submitting this short outline of a few of the significant events of my life so far, to allow for a skeleton upon which to place the stories I suspect will follow on my blog.


1954 - born Los Angeles, California as the third child in my family
lived in a split level home and rode my trike down the stairs.

1958 - moved to Riverside, California right after my younger brother was born
Remember lightning storms, the mail plane's drone, eating dirt in the backyard


1960 - moved to Los Angeles - started school
Walked to school, caught a rat with a friend, walked to Beverly Hills and had lunch


1963 - moved to Houston, Texas - 3rd and 4th grades
Had a Cajun teacher whom neither my mother nor I could understand.
First Hurricane and snow storm in same year


1965 - moved to Saratoga, California - 5th through 8th grades
Walked through an orchard to get to school, swim team, boy scouts, violin
Hebrew school

1968 - moved to Edina, Minnesota - 9th through 12th
flew in from 70 degrees in San Francisco to 22 degrees below zero in Minneapolis

1972 - moved to San Diego - college and started with IBM
BA Anthropology (Archaeology), MBA Marketing, IBM Marketing rep

1983 - moved to Minnesota with IBM
37 degrees below zero, blizzard 3 inches high, Ice stalactite in the basement

1984 - moved to Cary, North Carolina
Home carved out of a forest, blue volvo

1986 - moved to Stamford, Connecticut
Found out about "Yankees", radon

1989 - moved to Winchester, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom
Chalk, Flint, Battle Abbey, haggis


1991 - moved to Staines, UK
London to San Diego to Tokyo to Phuket Thailand, to Sydney to London

1992 - moved to San Diego, California Left IBM
Landscape

1994 - moved to Portland, Oregon
Founded Cliffside Software, Inc.
Although it has been said we were ahead of our time, it is possible that we were too late.

2001 - moved to West Hollywood, California
And that's where I am now.